Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kuih Bingka Ubi Kayu


Make these kuih last week. Resepi I ambil dari buku 'Delicious Nyonya Kueh & Desserts' by Patricia Lee. Actually I pernah post the same kuih but from different recipe book and personally I rasa it's much more simpler and easier using this recipe and the taste...I rasa sama je....


Kuih Bingka Ubi Kayu

2kg blended tapioca
250g thick coconut milk
50g grated coconut
450g sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsps sago flour (I used 2 tbps tapioca flour)
50g butter (I used ghee)
A few drops of yellow food coluring
a pinch of salt
banana leaf

1. Preheat oven to 170 degree C
2. Squeeze out the liquid from the blended tapioca under running tap water for a few minutes.
3. Combine all the ingredients with the tapioca and mixed well.
4. Grease a baking tin on base and sides. Then line with banana leaf. Pour mixture in to the tray. (I use 10x10 inches)
5. Bake in preheat oven for 20-25 minutes until light brown. Switch to 150 degree C bake for 45-50 minutes further or till cook.
6. Remove from oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes. Unmould kuih and allow kuih to completely cool before cutting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails