Make these kuih last week. Resepi I ambil dari buku 'Delicious Nyonya Kueh & Desserts' by Patricia Lee. Actually I pernah post the same kuih but from different recipe book and personally I rasa it's much more simpler and easier using this recipe and the taste...I rasa sama je....
Kuih Bingka Ubi Kayu
2kg blended tapioca
250g thick coconut milk
50g grated coconut
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsps sago flour (I used 2 tbps tapioca flour)
50g butter (I used ghee)
A few drops of yellow food coluring
a pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 170 degree C
2. Squeeze out the liquid from the blended tapioca under running tap water for a few minutes.
3. Combine all the ingredients with the tapioca and mixed well.
4. Grease a baking tin on base and sides. Then line with banana leaf. Pour mixture in to the tray. (I use 10x10 inches)
5. Bake in preheat oven for 20-25 minutes until light brown. Switch to 150 degree C bake for 45-50 minutes further or till cook.
6. Remove from oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes. Unmould kuih and allow kuih to completely cool before cutting.