Friday, August 1, 2008
Basic buns recipe which is very easy to prepare without bread machine. You can make any type of bread that you can think of using this recipe.
* 3/4 cup milk
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 5 teaspoons active dry yeast
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup margarine, melted
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm milk, water, sugar and salt. Remove from heat, and mix in the eggs and yeast.
2. Measure flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the flour, and pour milk mixture into it. Do not stir. Cover with a lid, and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Pour melted margarine into flour, and mix well. Add more flour if too sticky. Knead lightly. Cover, and let rise for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Shape the dough into rolls, and place on a baking sheet. Let rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Bake rolls in a preheated 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) oven for 15 minutes, or until done.