Friday, August 1, 2008
Crispy French Fries
Just to make a difference to a plain french fries....
* 2 1/2 pounds frozen french fries
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon garlic salt
* 1 teaspoon onion salt
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 cup water, or as needed
* 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the oil is heating, sift the flour, garlic salt, onion salt, (regular) salt, and paprika into a large bowl. Gradually stir in enough water so that the mixture can be drizzled from a spoon.
2. Dip french fries into the batter one at a time, and place in the hot oil so they are not touching at first. The fries must be placed into the skillet one at a time, or they will clump together. Fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.