Friday, August 1, 2008
This a basic bread recipe, if you want plain bun then omit the cheese but if you like variations then you can add any ingredients that you can think of....
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 teaspoons active dry yeast
5 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cups butter, melted
4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, warm milk, water, sugar & salt. Remove from heat and mix in eggs and yeast.
2. Meanwhile measure flour & parmesan cheese into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour milk mixture into it. Do not stir. Cover the bowl and let stand for 20-30 minutes.
3. Pour melted butter into flour and mix well. Add more flour if too sticky. Knead lightly. Cover and let it rise for 30 minutes.
4. Shape the dough to your liking and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and let it rise until double the size.
5. Bake in preheated 400 degree F(205 degree C) oven for 15 minutes.